I’ve always had a book on my nightstand…well, since I can remember. I still do. Books invite me in to stay awhile. I’ve used them to escape. They’ve entertained me. God has used books to teach me so many things. Books have changed how I work. They have taught me about different worlds. Books have cracked my views a little wider and a little less selfish.
What a great gift reading is! Books are such a luxury. Life would be weird without them. So, today, as I continue to count gifts with gratitude, I want to offer thanks to God for these books and their authors and the gift God gave us to be able to create. Most of the books I read recently, but some are from long ago reading.
Thanks be to God for the gift of books and reading.
351. The Ragamuffin Gospel: Good News for the Bedraggled, Beat-Up, and Burnt Out by Brennan Manning
352. Pride and Prejudice (Dover Thrift Editions) by Jane Austen
353. The Price of Stones: Building a School for My Village (Center Point Platinum Nonfiction) by Twesigye Jackson Kaguri
354. Rachel Cade by Charles Mercer
355. Making Peace With Your Past by Tim Sledge
356. Interior Castle (Dover Thrift Editions) by Teresa of Avila
357. Born in the Big Rains: A Memoir of Somalia and Survival (Women Writing Africa) by Fadumo Korn
358. The Imitation of Christ (Dover Thrift Editions) by Thomas a Kempis
359. Gilead: A Novel by Marilynne Robinson
360. Celtic Benediction: Morning and Night Prayer by J. Phillip Newell
361. The Letters of Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Barrett, Vol. 1 (of 2) 1845-1846 by Robert Browning
Join me in giving thanks!