I missed counting last week. I truly missed it, and I was mentally counting all along the way. It’s becoming a habit, growing this list of gifts. This list is growing me too.
O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
It is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
~prayer of St. Francis of Assisi~
Thanks be to God this day for:
440. Gardens that grow
441. Children that grow
442. Faith that grows
443. families that gather around a grandmother to care
445. Seeing when my ego is leading
446. Forgiveness abounding
447. popcorn shrimp
448. Being present at a funeral for a wonderful friend where smiling-producing story after story is heard
449. tea and scones
450. Public school teachers that challenge my kids
451. Kids faces at church when I describe our trip to Haiti
452. Lessons in love cultivated from anger
Join me in giving thanks!