Last week was another Horse Camp and Vacation Bible School all in one week. All I really needed at the end was a pillow. But, life moves on, so I must too. There was and always is writing to be done, dishes to be washed, and clothes to be folded. More importantly, there were girls to be loved, baptisms to rejoice about and holidaying to be had this week. I’m so grateful to be living in a country where we live a free existence. While embracing an attitude of selfishness, we can always find reasons for discontentment, why we feel so un-free, and go on a search for greener grass instead of seeing what is already there.
While I have opened my clenched tight spirit to let stress and selfishness slowly slip away this week, I’m finding that no matter what country or situation we find ourselves in, we are always free to be grateful. The funny thing is that when we embrace gratitude as a way of life, our freedom to live with God at the center of our lives expands. Gratitude breaks open the way to contentment and joyful living. In contentment there is freedom to be present and be who we were created to be.
Thanks be to God for:
546. My children writing on their own motivation…My eldest child would like me to publish some “fan fiction” she wrote that continues the Star Wars saga. I’m debating. I’m not really into “fan fiction” but I think what she wrote is pretty good.
547. Family Bayhouse time…this is such a blessing to have this week to relax and play with family, family, family.
548. Choosing obedience
549. sister conversations
550. Friends who listen
551. Kids tubing in the bay
552. Baking soda for jelly fish stings….I wish you could see how much baking soda we’ve used this week. I think everyone has been stung. They forget for after an hour or so and get back in the water. It’s making us tough.
553. playing cards as a family….even though I’m a loser this week. Ugh!
555. 4th of July breezes
556. Cheeseburgers in paradise….I feel like we are in paradise here. Add cheeseburgers for the 4th and wow.
557. brothers playing washers
558. family yoga in the grass
559. Fireworks…with only one burnt hand
For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. Galatians 5:13 (NLT)