1. While leading our littlest girl, Claire (5 years old), around the pasture on a paint pony, she said, “Mom, the world is a big place.” It is indeed.
2. We have shoe problems. We need them. We lose them. We forget them. We leave them lots of places. We break them. We grow out of them.
3. We’ve had enough camp in our life for a while. Note I didn’t say “camping.” Never can get enough of that. Big Bend Part 2 coming tomorrow…
4. Rain is lovely. I think I heard our grass singing. Thanks be to God for rain coming down.
5. In this house Tired+Kids=Crying+Parents=Yelling. It’s best to come up with a different equation. Thanks be to God for grace in parenting.
6. Apparently I’m “too old to have a bad-itude”….according to some people. I think the person who told me this is right because I need someone to translate this new word for me.
7. I don’t think I’m ever going to be a real seamstress or a good roper. I’m just not natural at it. I’m accepting this. Do you do this?
8. We like to polarize, organize, and put people and things into categories, labels, parties. I’m learning that God understands that we are good and bad at the same time. It is a mystery to me why God would bother with us, but God sees us for who we really are anyways. And then there is Love. Love. Love. No matter what. Why wouldn’t you want that kind of love? Why wouldn’t I?
For you are the fountain of life,
the light by which we see.
Pour out your unfailing love
on those who love you;
give justice to those with honest hearts.
Psalm 36:9-10 (NLT)