Gear is coming out today because we are getting ready for Family Camping Trip 2012! Our destination has changed from the Canyonlands to the Grand Teton National Park. This was a collective decision based on the fact that we only spent two days there in 2010 and all of us dream of going back most nights. Also, the daily temperature highs sounded a bit high and the lows not low enough in the Canyonlands in July. Don’t worry we will get there eventually.
Emails are flying around the air about our camp meals, our hiking schedule, and of course, the weather. But, I have a few things I have to do before I can get too pumped up. Also, I think you should know that Mom’s get a bit grouchy when preparing for trips. I don’t know why. This is invaluable information for you if you are a child or a dad. Be helpful or steer clear. You’ll thank me later. Maybe I’ll rise above this time!!!
1. Doctor: Two of my children have ear infections. I think. I’m not a doctor or a nurse, but I probably should be. I have a lot of experience with wound care, fungi, medicine and guessing diagnoses and prognoses. Also, I throw away a lot of nasty band-aids.
2. Deadline: I have a writing deadline the day before we leave! Announcement: I’d like to take back the recent comment that I made about having “adrenaline needs.” This isn’t what I meant. It was more along the lines of skydiving and such. Ah, well.
3. Auto Shop:I met someone new yesterday: Dead Car Battery. Remember the Bayhouse Problems? I’ve decided maybe it’s just us. I don’t know. All I know is that the old van is still at the Bayhouse while I’m here at my house pounding the keys while the world sleeps. Okay, maybe not the world, but it’s quiet enough here for me to say that. In the words of my 7-year-old: “Our battery is poop, Mom.”
5. Blogging: Big Bend Part 3 coming tomorrow…
6. Scratching: It is Mosquito-Fest 2012 around here. It’s okay! We can handle it! We love rain! P.S. Where’s the Benadryl cream?