1. One birthday party for the year is down! Yay! It was Claire’s. My baby is six years old. Wow. We had a playdough party. This mama threw it together, too. I even made a pinterest cake, and I don’t even get on pinterest. I was actually feeling pretty prideful about my play dough cake until I was about to put it in the oven and realized I forgot the oil. Ugh. This is after I separated the white cake batter into six bowls and dyed the batter purple, blue, red, yellow, orange, and green. Then I carefully place the batter into the pan. Then I realized I forgot the oil. Poop. Then I rummaged through my cabinet and found apple sauce. Thanking the Lord for my life overseas where substitutions in baking were every day life, I carefully mixed in the apple sauce. Playdough cake became a tie-dye cake. Whatever. It was still cool. Oh, and they liked it. See?
2. Thanks to my friend, Rita, I have had this song (Tell Me Something Good) stuck in my head. Don’t worry about the kids, I only know the chorus line.
3. I found a video of my mom today. Miss that lady.
4. You should come over sometime and taste my spaghetti. You won’t regret it.
5. There is more tile going up in our bathroom. We are thankful for new friends who helped this weekend.
6. Lent is coming. Did you know? It really is something good.
7. I really am going to do that book review. Really.
8. I got an extension today. Not in my hair, silly, for a writing deadline. Whew!
9. Mr. Bates is out of prison. Sorry for this one.