Once upon a time I went to New Orleans for the weekend with three of my sisters-in-law.
To be perfectly candid with you, we had a lovely time. We also decided to take as many candid photos as we could. I’ve decided to let you experience our trip through our photos. But, I do have a few things to say along the way.
1. I love beignets. Who doesn’t? You should go to Cafe Du Monde once in your life. Trust me.
2. I love oysters. I didn’t know this. You should go to the Acme Oyster Company even if you think you don’t like oysters.
3. I love listening to live jazz music. Plus I love that on a sunny bright morning in the middle of a Royal Street, this 3 man band asked us for a song request in this order: Country or Blues? Happy or Sad?
4. I love candid photos. Also I love semi-candid photos.
5. I loved our hotel. Supposedly it is haunted. I didn’t notice anything weird. The only thing is that a guy was leaving the hotel in his underwear one night when we were walking out the door on the way to our dinner place. He was a little disoriented. I think.
6. Bloody Mary’s are a thing in NOLA. You should try one. You might like it. Unless you don’t drink alcohol. My favorite thing about this drink was the pickled green bean on the side. It was yummy. Hey, did you know that New Orleans never ever follow the Prohibition Act? Nope. They said no thanks. And then politicians would vacation there so they could have a cocktail.
7. I want to play the spoon/washboard thing sometime. It’s very loud.
8. The Court of Two Sisters jazz brunch is a very lovely experience. Very.
9. I love history tours and cemetery tours. I learned about the burial process in the above ground cemeteries. Plus, I stood in the very same cemetery that Ashley Judd was buried alive in the movie Double Jeopardy. 🙂 Also I saw John Goodman’s home. And Sandra Bullock’s vacation home. You should go.
Enjoy the trip! We did!